Saturday, September 18, 2010

 

Ten years and counting

And so it was on Friday, September 17th, the ten year anniversary of my son's death. It is hard to believe that it has been that long. I can still remember that horrendous day but it doesn't define who I am or how I look at life. Not that I don't miss my son but one cannot, one should not let someone elses' death define your life. I can't bring him back so I must go forward. I am so blessed.
I wish I could turn the pages and undo what has been done but there is no way that can happen so one must go forward. I love you and I miss you son, but I understand why you did what you did more now than before.
Someone once said that death is the window pane (pain) through which we view life--it is so true.
If you have lost a loved one to suicide, unexpected, or a natural death may you find a reason to go on with your life.
Peace

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?